The Una Paloma Blanca Singing Contest was created to celebrate the song and its king, Slim Whitman.
The crowning point of the song is when Slim breaks into "Una paloma blancaahh - aahhh - AAAAHHHH!" If you can re-create or top the power of Slim, then enter!
Here are the rules:
1. You must be a male or a female. This is not a tough one. There are two categories, divided by gender. There is a First Prize Male Vocalist, First Prize Female Vocalist and two Most Humorous Runner Ups in each category.
2. A cappela is fine, so is instrumental accompaniment. If you can re-create the "Hawaiian" feel of the pineapple slide and marching band tempo, then go for it! But, only the vocalist will be rewarded.
3. Send your tape to:Una Paloma Blanca(Tapes will not be returned.)
c/o Deuce of Clubs
4. Prizes have not yet been determined, but they will be good!
5. Please include your name, address, phone number or e-mail, and a brief biography with your submission.
6. The deadline is Jan. 1 1999, winners will be posted on Deuce of Clubs shortly thereafter.
7. Have fun!
Also, I think this should be the official song of the Libertarian party, how about you?
-- Gail Wade