(From the Shady Dell brochure:)
The Shady Dell began its history in 1927, providing trailer and camping spaces to travelers of Hwy. 80. Today, part of the park is equipped with RV hookups, while the other part is a living museum to the bygone days of trailering.
A sleek lineup of vintage aluminum travel trailers is available for overnight or weekly rentals. This collection includes a 1949 Airstream, 1957 El Rey, 1954 Crown, 1950 Spartanette and a 1951 Spartan Royal Mansion, among others.
Each trailer is equipped with a refrigerator and propane stove for that early morning cup of coffee. All dishes and linens are furnished. Interiors are rich blonde wood or highly polished aluminum, and every effort has been made to keep the decor as original as possible. Cassette tapes of big band, early rhythm and blues and favorite old radio programs are provided for play in reproduction vintage radios.
Outside each trailer is a grassy yard with picnic table and lounge chairs. Bar-b-que grills are available. The park restrooms with hot showers are spacious, clean and decorated with memorabilia from the heydey of the travel trailer.
Also located on the premises is Dot's Diner, a 1957 Valentine 10-stool model that has been lovingly restored to its original art deco splendor. Shady Dell guests and townsfolk alike can enjoy Dot's sweet potato pie and homecooked breakfast and lunch every day except Sunday.
Shady Dell RV Park & Campground